Implant-Supported Dentures in King of Prussia, PA
As we age, our dental health can deteriorate, leaving us with several missing or unhealthy teeth. Dentures have been used as tooth replacements for centuries, but even as sophisticated as today’s dentures are, they are not without problems.
Fortunately, many of these issues can be addressed by implant-supported dentures. By using only a few key implants, these dentures can replace up to a full arch of teeth.
At King of Prussia Periodontics & Dental Implants, our experienced periodontists offer quality implant placement to Pennsylvania residents. Whether you have had dentures in the past or are only now considering them, let us help you determine if implant-supported dentures are right for you. Call today!
Implant-Supported Dentures vs. Traditional Dentures
While traditional dentures are a viable option for tooth replacement, there are a number of benefits for choosing dentures supported by implants. These benefits include:
- Permanent Placement: Once an implant is placed, it permanently bonds to the jaw bone through osseointegration. The prosthetic teeth are fixed onto the implant posts and become a permanent part of your smile. Even if the dental prosthetic needs adjusting or replacing, no extra surgery is required.
- Prevent Bone Loss: While dentures sit on top of the gums, implant-supported dentures are anchored into the jaw bone. This provides the necessary chewing pressure that keeps the jaw bone from deteriorating, thus protecting your natural face shape.
- Preserve Remaining Teeth: Partial dentures may use your remaining teeth as an anchor, which can put strain on them. Furthermore, the surrounding bone loss can weaken their root strength and cause them to shift. Implant-supported dentures preserve the jaw bone and put no additional pressure on your remaining teeth.
- Improved Comfort: Because dental implants protect your jaw bone density, there is less shifting of the facial structure, so the dentures continue to fit well. Furthermore, because they are permanently fixed, there is no irritation from rubbing and will not slip out of place.
- Simple Care and Cleaning: Normal dentures must be removed and cleaned regularly through brushing and soaking. Implant-supported dentures can be cared for with normal brushing and flossing, just like your natural teeth.
Cutting-Edge Technology for Dental Implant Placement
Our practice is equipped with highly advanced dental technology to ensure that your implants are optimally placed. We use a CBCT scanner to completely map out your entire jaw area in a 3D digital image, allowing us to assess your oral health and determine the optimal approach for treatment. With this technology, we can determine how many implants you need, where to place them, and whether an additional treatment such as ridge augmentation is necessary for successful implants.
First-Rate Advanced Dental Treatment
When your dental health needs advanced treatment, having a skilled specialist can improve your level of care and peace of mind. Our periodontists specialize in providing advanced dental care for patients across King of Prussia and the surrounding communities. For experienced dental specialty services, contact our office and schedule your appointment today.